Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hotel review: The Strand Hotel NYC

The Strand Hotel has a trendy vibe, which only makes sense since its nestled in the heart of New York City's Fashion District; located between 5th and 6th Ave on 37th Street.

The tiny lobby exudes a sense of style that carries through to the hotel room and it's furnishings. Although the rooms are tight, they are well appointed and suited my needs just fine.

Aside from the location, the thing I enjoyed the most about staying at The Strand NYC was its roof deck terrace and bar. (That's me and my buddy Paul enjoying a cold beer on the roof deck bar.)

Drinks cost a small fortune, but when you factor in the amazing view and the beautiful weather which made it so pleasant to sit outside - I couldn't get enough of the place.

I've included a picture of my tiny room and bathroom. You can click on the photo to enlarge. More pictures appear on my hotel review on TripAdvisor.com.

For more information about this hotel you can visit: www.thestrandnyc.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the money, The Edison over in Times Square area is less expensive, not badly appointed and wonderfully art deco!

Wonder Man said...

a place to think about next time