Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hit me with your best shot Irene

Hurricane Irene came and went and although it was pretty messy outside and killed the weekend, I think her bark was worse than her bite. Once people realized that Boston was spared from Irene's fury the bars that decided to open for business did quite well.

I started my afternoon with a couple of drinks with Sergio and a friend who came over then we headed over to my friend Ben's house. Ben was hosting a hurricane party. I have to admit his specialty apricot martinis were so good I found myself heading back to the bar again and again. All told about 20 of us ended up descending upon Ben's home. Thank you Ben!

Sorry the pictures aren't a bit better, but phone cameras leave a lot to be desired.




4 comments:

Jacob Woods said...

I will have to throw a blizzard paarty in Minnesota sometime! That sounds like a blast!

toddx said...

Glad you survived!

x said...

Over 2 million of us are still without power but we partied last night ad well.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to party (and more) with several of your friends. Hope you had fun!