Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday fitness update

I lost all my momentum and gym mojo from the previous week, but while away in Puerto Rico I did manage to get to the hotel gym for two runs. Coming back to the deep chill that greeted me here in Boston this week (combined with an onslaught of work) provided two excuses rock-solid enough to prevent me from getting to the gym with the exception of my date today with my trainer.

How are you doing with your personal fitness? Are you making time for yourself by going to the gym?

Sunday - December 5th I ran today for the first time since last Tuesday. The past few days have been spent travelling and overindulging to say the least so today's run was not pretty. In fits and gasps I was able to run 3 miles in 0:32:30 *yuck*

Monday - December 6th Today (my 2nd consecutive day of running on vacation) I managed a slightly faster time despite the run remaining equally ugly. I finished the 3 mile run in 0:31:15. I'm still dripping with sweat while I write this and am anxious to get off to return to my poolside chaise and start sipping another of those frozen rum drinks which seem to go down oh so easily.

Friday - December 10th Today I had a somewhat abbreviated workout with my trainer, Stu. Abbreviated because I had to get back to work and was training during the day. However, we focussed on my chest and was able to squeeze in a few reps for my triceps as well. I'm fairly certain I'll feel sore tomorrow as I benched a new personal high of 215 pounds.

5 comments:

Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

Consider this a small spurt of encouragement. It's the most difficult time of the year for any sort of fitness regime - so I think the fact that you got anything done at all is a reason to feel some small sense of accomplishment. Personally, I've been trying to do some free-weights at home just to allow for some burning of the additional cookie weight that the season brings. I think it's only semi-successful...

x said...

No worries -- this is the hardest time to stay motivated. I find it particularly difficult to cram a workout in quickly in the winter --more so than in the summer. I am much less productive also, so generally try and allow for more time. That bench press weight is impressive man. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Wonder Man said...

I'm trying to stay motivated

mmennonno said...

I got so busy in the last couple of weeks I just gave myself a free pass, and have decided to try to get back Monday. Throughout the day I usually build up my arguments against going to the gym, so that by the time I'm done with work I've pretty much convinced myself it's out of the question, and I end up having beers and comfort food with friends. I do still bicycle commute everyday to work, though, so that's something.

Jack said...

I've always loved lifting weights but the last few months have been really hard and I havn't been doing it. :-(