Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing day celebrations commence

For the past few years, my good friend, Tracey, has hosted a Boxing Day dinner party. Tracey is originally from the U.K. where Boxing Day is an official holiday, and I think celebrating this way makes her feel as if she's sharing a bit of herself with us.

For me, this annual dinner party hosted by Tracey is an excuse to prolong the Christmas holiday by spending a fun evening with friends that is filled with too much wine, too much food and hilarious conversations.

Although dinner is not typically served until 8pm or 9pm, we will all show by 7ish (although today's storm, Boston's first of the season could make hailing cabs dodgey). Wine will be flowing nearly non-stop and games like Twister will start sounding like fun (note: drinking & Twister absolutely do not mix - I say this w/ a voice of authority on such matters). At some point in the evening there is also a Yankee Swap, which can get quite serious, although I never take it so (as my gift each year proves).

2009 Boxing Day dinner party photos




Okay... so I admit the last photograph was not from our party, but if you happen to see this guy, would you please get his number and shoot me an email or leave a comment below? He is most certainly welcome to the party.

14 comments:

Stan in NH said...

Happy Boxing Day. I hope you get the boxer you want for Boxing Day! :)

Robyn said...

Happy Boxing Day!

For me, it usually means a Leafs hockey game to watch before dinner and to chat with hundreds of fans online during the game. I can't wait!

RAD said...

Happy Holuday to you! Hope its grand! xxoo

SteveA said...

I love boxing day - its the same as Christmas day for us! It is actually St Steven's day - the 1st martyr of Christ - just a interesting tidbit!

SteveA said...

Happy Holidays my friend - to you and Sergio!

Kyle Leach said...

Have an awesome party!

Dave said...

Yankee Swaps can also vary a lot depending on whether it's family or friends. With friends, it's a lot of fun and laughter. Family? It always ends with someone in tears. (Or, that could just be my Italian family version.)
Your party photos from last year look like a lot of fun.

robertga99 said...

What is boxing day?
Nice photos. However, if I see that guy I will not send him your way...I'm keeping him!

x said...

Oh come on Bos Guy you know that was the stripper hired to entertain the celebration and lead off the twister game. We need to see pics of that!

Hope you had a great holiday

Voyager Inde said...

Happy Boxing day!!

Curious said...

An interesting last picture, but you do realize that Boxing Day is the day when the landowners gave out boxes of gifts to their land tenants. It is also the day when the church opens up the poor boxes and hands out money and stuff to the needy. Although I guess a priest dressed in shorts looking sexy might not fly in this day and age.

...Seasons Greetings!

Curious said...

Silly me I just followed your link, so just forget about what I said before.

WranglerMan said...

So, as we get closer to New Year's Day, are you resolved on running alongside me in the Santa Speedo Run? We could wear matching or contrasting Speedos. Your choice!

WickedGayBlog.com said...

Hope you had an awesome time!!!

xoxox

Dave