Saturday, May 7, 2011

BosGuy cooks (again)

Its no secret that I love food, but I only cook a meal 1-2 times a week. Last month I felt particularly adventurous and posted a write up about cooking artichokes for the first time in my entry, Chef BosGuy.

Earlier this week I marked another culinary first when I made eggplant parmigiana. I love eggplant parmigiana; my grandmother "Nana" perfected this meal and cooked it through out my childhood. More recently my mother has continued the tradition perhaps even surpassing Nana's home recipe. My initial attempt was good but could not compare to either Nana's nor Mom's, but I was proud of the food I plated and it was savory enough that it barely lasted more than 24 hours; despite making a huge tray.

Here is a close up of my dinner plate. The eggplant is accompanied by linguine in a spicy marinara sauce I also made (covered with a healthy pinch of parmesan).
Dinner for one.

6 comments:

SteveA said...

Dinner for 1? Where's Sergio.....looks good!

toddx said...

That looks good! I would have had plenty of bread and butter to go along with it, but I'm a pig.

dayofmine said...

That looks really good! I don't cook at all, but my goal is to start. I think I need to look up some recipes that I would enjoy.

Nice table setting as well; I like the place mats.

Peter said...

SteveA was ahead of me asking were Sergio was.

It looks mighty tasty!

Gay Guy said...

I love that you treat yourself so well. Including the flowers!

the cajun said...

I love to cook and prefer doing so for larger parties, but have learned to modify recipes to enjoy the meal at least 2 or 3 times after the initial cooking.

Being single, cajun, and pressed for time, I usually cut the recipes down to 4 servings, and freeze the results in separate containers.

I love eggplant parmigiana, too.