Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fairmont San Francisco

I arrived in San Francisco earlier this afternoon and have checked into the Fairmont which is a beautiful hotel located on Nob Hill. This beautiful property was built in the late 1870s and the hotel exterior and lobby exude all the charm and elegance one would attribute to that age.

I was lucky to get upgraded to the 21st floor. The pictures below provide glimpses of my view of the San Francisco bay. The first image shows Coit Tower and the second is the iconic Golden Gate Bridge off in the distance.
I'll include a review of the hotel and the service after I return to Boston and will post it on my TripAdvisor account.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the sixties, the lounge there was a great pick up place for us youngsters who liked more mature men. I don't know if it is still that way.
But it was fun and the men had class and often money.

saludos,
raulito

SteveA said...

Awesome view - reminds me of my time in SFO...oh how I miss that city!

Wonder Man said...

that's nice

Matt Lenzman said...

Do they still wash their coins? If not, ask them about that bit of Fairmont history.