Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thank you, Merci, Gracias, Obrigado, Danke, Grazie, SaHHa, Arigato (you get the picture)

I started writing my blog in the fall of 2007 to record thoughts and events that were of personal significance, share my travels with friends & family and to provide me with a forum for the occasional rant. I've always enjoyed writing and this blog has provided me more personal satisfaction than I ever would have imagined when I started.

At some point in 2010 (its really hard to pinpoint exactly when) I noticed that I wanted to do more than maintain an online diary and started including content that I previously would have skipped over such as yesterday's post Boston's favorite same sex couple.

Occasionally posts I write get picked up (usually by other bloggers). This is the case with my previous entry. If I'm to believe the stats that blogger provides, within the last 24 hours that post has received more views than my entire blog does in a typical 3-day span. Reading that today was so personally gratifying.

I wanted to say thank you especially to the follow up emails I have received. I didn't realize it would strike such a nerve and am so pleased it did.

1 comment:

Mike said...

You're a model blogger! Congrats!