Friday, August 27, 2010

W Midtown in Atlanta

I was able to take a break from the rain and cool temperatures in Boston because work took me down to Atlanta. I was booked into the W Midtown. The hotel bar last night became better looking (and more gay) as the evening progressed.

I lived in Atlanta in the early and mid-90s and moved back to Boston shortly after the Olympics. This was my first visit back to my former home and I was totally disoriented by all the changes in Midtown. However, one constant I noticed - the guys. This is still the section of town you'd want to stay if you are gay and looking to go out for fun. Just be sure you have plenty of cash and patience. Taxi drivers are nearly impossible to find and none of them seem to take credit cards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're in my neck of the woods. Glad you had a good time. I've lived in ATL for almost three years now. And yes, Midtown is where the boys are.

Safe trip home.

Stan in NH said...

It's a beautiful city. Glad you're enjoying the trip.

Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

Hope there are some pics of Atlanta to post when you return. It's beejn a destinationwish of mine for some time now. BTW, your recent P-town slideshow was great! Felt like I was there without the annoying crush of people.