Friday, August 20, 2010

Carnival in Provincetown

Yesterday, Thursday, was the carnival parade. I will include many more photographs next week after I return home but here are a couple of images to share. For those unfamiliar with Carnival in Provincetown, I would describe it as the town's version of Pride. As with all things that happen in Ptown - it is over the top and incredibly fun.

Grand marshalls, Margaret Cho and Bruce Villanch

Local celebs, the Hat Sisters

The crowd along Commercial Street



More images to follow next week...

7 comments:

Cubby said...

Great pics. Looks like so much fun!

SteveA said...

I can't believe I missed that. I'm planning better next year!

Bob said...

What a fabulous parade, and what I wouldn't give to ride in a car with Margaret Cho and Bruce Zilanch!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I've never been to P'town. (and I suspect my gaycard is about to be revoked). Eeek!

Looks like a lot of summer fun. I'll have to experience it someday.

Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

One day I will make it to this Mecca - in the meantime, can't wait for more pics!

Stan in NH said...

Such fun. Glad you are enjoying yourself. I was only in P-town once and that was a long time ago.

Will said...

Anything with Bruce V. is good, particularly if accompanied by Margaret C. Half naked men aren't to tacky either!