Thursday, August 19, 2010

Running thru Penn Station half naked & Ptown

My week started with work bringing me to NYC and has ended early (today) with me leaving for Provincetown on the morning ferry. Work kept me busy but I did manage to step out on Tuesday night and grab a drink at Monster Bar. Catching the 5pm Acela back to Boston on Wednesday night proved to be filled with drama. I had to race to catch my train half-undressed. I won't go into details because it would take too long but suffice it to say, running thru Penn Station half undressed is not a great way to end your work day.

This is likely to be my last visit of the summer to the tip of the Cape. This is Carnival Week and today is the Parade so the excitement on the ferry is palpable; people can not get there fast enough. This year's theme is jungle fantasy and Margaret Cho & Bruce Vilanch are the parade's Grand Marshalls.

I'll be offline for the rest of the week. When I return home early next week I'll be sure to post pictures from the parade today. Past visits to Ptown this summer can be viewed / read here.

1 comment:

BosGuy said...

Okay. I wasn't quite half naked, but I was in various stages of undress clutching my pants, belt and dress shirt under my arm as I hustled thru Penn, buttoning up my jeans and pulling on my t-shirt.