Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chatting with Steve

Steve writes a blog I read called, long haired boy, and although he lives in the Cayman Islands he was in Boston visiting so we agreed to meet at Club Cafe. It was strange to meet someone who's blog I read but have never met before. To be perfectly candid - I did not know quite what to expect, but I'm so happy we connected. Steve is tall and lean with an endearing smile and a soft island accent, which sounds exotic to my ears. He's also quite charming - he greeted me with a copy of the book, Journey into Power by Baron Baptiste, which I thought was very thoughtful and completely unexpected.

We chatted for about 90 minutes sharing more details about our personal and professional lives. We've lived quite different lives but it was so easy to talk and relate to Steve and at the end of the night I was so pleased to have had the chance to meet him in person. Steve's off to Provincetown for the next couple days -- if you have a favorite restaurant or some suggestions on some of your favorite activities in Ptown please share a comment with him on his blog. I know he'd appreciate the feedback.

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

I know how you felt...meeting someone that you've only met online. I've done it so many times now that its no issue....but the first few times...kind of weird! I've met some amazing people!