Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Out Magazine features Boston n'hood: SoWa

Imagine my surprise when I was thumbing through the May 2010 issue of Out Magazine and on page 36 I see my neighborhood, SoWa featured.  The title, "When in...SoWa: The new gay Boston thrives just south of the south end".  The brief article makes reference to the "red brick warehouses", lofts and apartments that have transformed the derelict district into a hip home.
Harrison Ave and Washington Street are referenced as are some of the restaurants in the n'hood, Stella, Rocca and Gaslight. Thanks to Raphael Kadushin and the editors at Out Magazine for the welcome surprise. I have to agree with them that this is the place to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I recently moved to Revere and, being married haven't been to the Boston haunts in about 15 years. It's good to hear there are other places to go besides the bar scene! I never understood why Revere wasn't a more popular gay area with the beach and all!

BosGuy said...

Scott - thanks and don't be a stranger. Google and check out "First Fridays in SoWa" additionally, after labor day weekend every sunday we have a large arts market, antique market and produce market that runs from 9am - 4pm (and parking is both free and plentiful).