Wednesday, April 14, 2010

J'aime Paris

Two weeks from tomorrow (Thursday) I leave for Paris. This will be my first visit to France in more than six years, and I'm really looking forward to spending a few days relaxing, site seeing and of course eating. Sergio purchased our tickets as a surprise gift so we could celebrate my 40th birthday in Paris. Unlike my previous visit when I stayed in Le Marais, I'll be staying at the posh, Hotel Prince De Galles, which is in the ever so chic 8th district (arrondissement).  I'm really looking forward to our stay at the Prince De Galles Hotel and will comment on the property on my profile on TripAdvisor as well as on my blog so check back for my photos and critique - esp. if you plan on visiting Paris in the near future.

I know that many people have a perception of the French as a rude and arrogant group, and I'm certain that there are many who probably live up to the stereotype, but I've yet to meet one.  On my trip to Paris in 2003, I found nearly everyone helpful and quite patient as I stuttered through my French. Despite the contradiction between the reputation and my personal experiences interacting with the French, I still find this video of Catherine Tate hilarious.

1 comment:

toddx said...

Bon voyage! And have a wonderful time. I, too, found the French to be wonderful. Much better than Madrileños who were basically inhospitable.

I spent my 40th in Hawai'i. Paris definitely equals (if not beats) that. Have fun.