Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Beer & Bacon Festival and Slowfest hit the South End in Boston

Today is the 2010 Boston Beer & Bacon Festival.  The celebration is going on right now at the historic Power Station across the street from my home. The charity event, which will raise money for several neighborhood non-profits combines bacon themed dishes from area restaurants with local beers from New England's best breweries. I can hear the music from the bands playing as I type this entry and if the food is as good as the music - I'm sure it was worth the price of entry.  I snapped a few photos of people lining up earlier today, which you can check out below. 

Just a few blocks away on Tremont Street there is a similar event called Slowfest happening at the BCA.  Slowfest is a two day festival celebrating session beers from over 30 breweries and food samplings from local New England producers. Sound similar? I think so too, but I suppose you could always check out the Beer& Bacon Festival today then work your way over to Slowfest tomorrow since it is a two day event. However, I believe both events have actually sold out.  If you've attended either program or know someone who has - let me know what you thought of the event.

No comments: