Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tom Cruise filming Wichita in Boston

Over the weekend notices were plastered through out the neighborhood that filming for Tom Cruise's movie, Wichita, would be taking place. There has been a lot of filming in Massachusetts and Boston in particular since Gov. Patrick signed a bill last year that gave the industry a bunch of tax breaks. I first wrote about this back in my February post, Lights, Camera, Action.

Over the past year, Ben Affleck, Mel Gibson and Kate Hudson have all been filming on the streets surrounding my apartment. However, usually the filming crews are scattered through out the neighborhood or they just have a small crew on site to film a few scenes. However, that all changed today when I opened my curtains this morning and saw ta temporary trailer park outside my window.

Today, everytime I walked by my window it seemed as if Tom Cruise, or his wife, Katie, and daughter, Suri, were walking around the make-shift film site. I am not a very good photographer so I apologize for the blurry images, but I still thought it was pretty cool to play "paparazzi".  I've included a few photographs of the Cruise family in their makeshift home for the week while they film outside my apartment. (If you click on the pictures they will enlarge.)


It has been really interesting watching everything take place today and I've enjoyed snapping my camera.  Here are few shots of them at the GasLight.  Apparently they are trying to make it quite bright in the restaurant, while they film there scenes.  I wish I was more of a movie buff so I could remember when this comes out to go see how they transformed GasLight Brasserie. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll snap a few more photos.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so cool Rob!

Margie said...

Rob that's cooooooooool. I wouldn't of been able to stay away from the windows.

Margie said...

Oh yea and by the way how was the whoppi pie?

BosGuy said...

The whoopie pie from Bova's was delicious thank you very much.

Daniela said...

Hiiiiii
I am brazilian and now I've been living here, close to Boston. Where is the moving been shooting ? I would like to go there and try to see Tom Cruise. If you can, please let me know on danyellarodrigues@hotmail.com

Thank u

Unknown said...

Hi, Rob, how are you? Great to know that! Do you mind to tell me where the film is being shot? I'm studying in Boston for 30 days and who knows I can meet Tom in the streets? rsrsrs My email is raquelbayma@yahoo.com.br
Thanks
Raquel