Saturday, September 19, 2009

Work, work, work...

This past week has been a blur.  I knew that the pace in the office would pick up and I'm proud that I've been able to keep up.  Since my co-workers have come back from vacation and returned to the office on Tuesday, September 8th - work has been very busy.

I'm not much for people who constantly talk about how busy they are so I rarely address my work in this blog unless it pertains to something I am doing which I find cool or interesting and want to share.  However, the past two weeks (and this last week in particular) have really kicked my butt. Groceries, laundry, returning calls, checking e-mails and yes, blogging have all fallen by the wayside.

The break-neck pace will not cease for another couple of weeks when a report I'm helping launch, a webcast series I am pulling together and a handful of other very interesting projects I've been asked to help lead all get off the ground. I have no regrets about my involvement and like each project. It is the convergence of multiple deadlines that provide me (and my team) little wiggle room and has kept me up late working and wondering, "are there are enough hours in the day?" 

Oddly, last year around this time I was logging some pretty crazy work hours as I scheduled and led meetings across the U.S. for a project called "From Proposals to Policy".  I've only been with my employer for 18 months so perhaps I should just plan for every fall to be a bit chaotic.  Even though the work is gratifying and I like my team, I'm looking forward to returning to a more sane work schedule.

No comments: