Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday Jitters

In all my adult life I can never remember a time when I have been so confliicted about who I would support in a Presidential primary. I think that the problem is that I am so accustomed to voting against a candidate it is almost a novelty to be voting for someone. However, it is the eve of Super Tuesday when voters in 24 states go to the polls (including my state - MA), and I am sitting in my apartment still obsessing about who to vote for.

My head tells me I should vote for Hillary - she is battle-proven and has the experience that I criticized our current President for lacking when he came into office. However, my heart tells me that Obama embodies all that is great in the United States and can not only unite but lead this country as the voice of the next generation.

Tonight the news showed Obama on stage with Senator Kennedy, Senator Kerry and Governor Patrick in MA making a last ditch effort to win the state tomorrow. I am not easily swayed by endorsements, but because I am so conflicted and I respect those three men so much it is hard to erase the image. Either way history will be made with this year's nominee, and I can hardly wait to see how this ultimately plays in the general election.

No comments: