Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sunny Weekend Syndrome

Its hot in the city this weekend. The combination of heat and sunny skies is a one-two punch that is more than most Bostonians can resist.  It results in the city emptying out; everyone who could left work early on Friday - by car, ferry or train they all left heading North to the coast of Maine, South to Newport or East to Cape Cod and the Islands (nobody in MA goes West - the Berkshires is for New Yorkers).

It is always strange to be in the city on weekends like this. I admit I have a twinge of envy and wish I could be enjoying all that Provincetown or Ogunquit has to offer, but it was not meant to be.  Did you head to the coast?  How do you spend your summer weekends? Ah well, since I can not be at the Boatslip this weekend I plan on heading to the DotOUT tea dance at dBar on Sunday.  If you are there and see me say "Hello".

TTYL

2 comments:

SteveA said...

It was unbearable hot today. I came out of yoga and continue sweating profusely for another hour...I had beads of sweat on my forehead!

Even a walk from my car to the coffee house was painful....

Will said...

Southern NH can get very hot in summer unless you're near the coast whith that wonderful sea breeze. We like to escape to the coast of southern Maine where we have friends in York whose place is separated from the shore by 300 feet of wild flowers. Heaven!

During my 45 years in Boston, I would join friends on Cape Ann. He scuba dived to spear flounder, She tended the hibachi on the rocks and I was the surgeon who cleaned the fish for grilling. New England can be so magical.