Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happily ever after

Meet David and Sean - two guys I met on the ferry from Boston to Provincetown.  They flew in from San Francisco so they could get married since California still deems gay marriage a threat.

I had a great time talking with these guys who are spending the week in Provincetown.  They are essentially eloping because they are here without friends and family.  A wedding reception will follow in S.F. but our conversations were all about their pending nuptials.

Its sad to think that they had to fly clear across this country to be able to get married, but I'm happy that I had the chance to meet Sean and David.  When I returned to Boston today, I really wanted to say congratulations and best of luck one more time in a more public forum.

8 comments:

Alan Bennett Ilagan said...

Wonderful post - and how lucky you were to be there for part of their journey. Best wishes to them both.

SteveA said...

Sweet! San Fran and Boston - love those cities - I flew from SFO to BOS over the thanksgiving weekend last year - and plan to do the same this year.

They look like a cute couple - it's so cool meeting people who are "family".

Peter said...

Congratulations to both of them. They were lucky to meet you and have a memory, in print, on their way to the big day.

WickedGayBlog.com said...

That is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

great post - glad they had all this sunshine to celebrate in! and shameful they had to come here to be legally married... hope legislators start actually doing their job and try and help this country instead of hurting people and families.

BosGuy said...

I was asked to attend their wedding in Provincetown earlier today and I'm glad I came. It was a really wonderful experience. Sean and David took the 4pm ferry to Boston and will be spending the remainder of the weekend there before flying back home to Boston. I'm so happy I had the chance to meet them.

BosGuy said...

Oops, they are flying back to S.F. (not Boston). I have to make a mental note not to write after attending Tea at the Boatslip...

BosGuy said...

Oops, they are flying back to S.F. (not Boston). I have to make a mental note not to write after attending Tea at the Boatslip...