Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring fundraisers in Boston

The Taste of the South End
Last month I wrote about the AIDS Action Committee fundraiser, Taste of the South End. This is one of my favorite fundraisers, and I try to attend it every year.

I was surprised when a friend sent me this video from YouTube. At the end your's truly makes an appearance. True to form, I'm shoving food down my throat. However the memories of the shrimp ceviche tacos from 28 degrees are happy ones so I don't mind.



The Men's Event
This Saturday, I will be joined by friends and nearly 1,500 Gay men as we all descend upon the Marriott Copley to attend the Fenway Health Center's annual black-tie extravaganza, otherwise known as The Men's Event.

If you don't have plans as yet - it is a great time and money goes to a very worthwhile organization. You can link to the Fenway homepage and still buy tickets if you like.

About The AIDS Action Committee of MA
Founded in 1983, AIDS Action Committee of MA is a community-based health organization whose mission is to stop the HIV/AIDS epidemic by preventing new infections and optimizing the health of those already infected. AAC provides free, confidential services to 2,500 men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS. If you like, you can make a donation to the AAC here.

About The Fenway
The Fenway Institute operates the nation's first community-based HIV research program, which has been conducting long-term epidemiological research since 1985. Fenway Health is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. If you like, you can make a donation to the Fenway here.

No comments: