Thursday, April 9, 2009

Layers

Sometimes I wonder if residents of Boston are aware that there are alternatives to brick for building materials. Much of this city is built with brick and while the city is beautiful - a little diversity is also greatly appreciated. That is one reason I think I like this photo so much. You can see the top corner of the Louis Boston building in front, New England Life Insurance Building is the greyish building just to the right, followed by the Houghton Mifflin building (a personal favorite) with the decorative rounded top and the distinctive Hancock skyscraper is the last of the "layers" in the picture. It appears as if the photo was taken from the corner of Newbury and Berkeley Street looking south. The photograph is from Saturated City.

I have followed this blog ever since I was contacted by Alex Miranda. His photograph incorporates one of my favorite buildings in Boston but I've never noticed it from this angle on Newbury Street. If you would like to see more of his photosgraphs visit, www.saturatedcity.blogspot.com.

No comments: