Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Utah can kiss my ass


www.utah.travel

This morning I saw an advertisement on MSNBC from the Utah Office of Tourism encouraging viewers to come and visit the state of Utah.

However, as the advertisement played all I could think about was how the Mormon Church spent an estimated $25 million in the battle to end gay marriage in California. Now I recognize that there is a separation of Church and State. However, separating the Mormon Church from the fate of Utah is like separating the Catholic Church from Rome, Italy. Both churches are inexplicably tied to their respective homes.

I decided if the Mormon Church thought it was appropriate to spend $25 million dollars to ban same sex marriages in CA, it would be appropriate for me to contact the Utah Office of Tourism to let them know how angry I was with the actions of the Mormon Church. Earlier this morning I sent the office an e-mail to let them know I would not consider spending any of my money in their state. Moreover, I would encourage everyone I know to boycott the state.

If you would like to contact the Utah Office of Tourism the address is below. Please consider sending a quick e-mail and encourage your friends to do the same.

Utah Office of Tourism
Council Hall/Capitol Hill
300 N. State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
Phone: 1-800-200-1160
E-mail: travel@utah.gov

No comments: