Tuesday, October 6, 2009


Okay, okay I know that nobody has sympathy for someone lucky enough to be able to take time off from work and travel all the way to the other side of the world, but I could not help but laugh out loud when I read this AP headline in the news today. 

In little more than 6-weeks I will be hopping on a plane to visit Australia for the first time in my life. I'm extremely excited but also nervous that the long trip will put a significant dent in my savings. So I had to laugh in spite of myself when I read this article which points out that in today's trading the Australian dollar has surged and is now trading nearly even with the U.S. dollar.  This is the highest it has traded against the dollar since August 2008.  Oy-vey...  Let's hope the dollar shows some cojones and can rally a bit too - it would be a shame to travel all the way to Australia only to stay in out of the way hostels.

No comments: