Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hitting the gym

It has been about three weeks since my last entry about my work outs. I'm proud to admit that with few exceptions I've been mostly faithful about going to the gym. My torso could never be confused with the image above, which I've added as both inspiration and incentive, but on the whole I feel better about how I look. I still have no idea how much I weigh (nor do I care), but I would really like to drop one more waist size. However, I simply can't bring myself to give up all the cheese, ice cream and french fries I consume.

I re-signed with my trainer, Stu, last week and bought a 20-pack of personal training sessions at the BSC South End, which was nearly equivelant to the cost of my airfare to Brasil last autumn. I briefly flirted with the idea of letting my sessions with Stu expire, but I realized last week as I was slogging through a workout on my own that I never seem to match the intensity nor the variety of work outs he throws at me. A good example was our nearly 90-minute session last night. He had me gasping for breathe within 5 minutes and although I never feel the pain following our workouts like I described in one of my earlier entries, My aching muscles, I can definitely notice a difference the next day. For now, I'll try to be more disciplined and maximize my time with Stu. I've come to the conclusion that vanity is expensive.

No comments: