Thursday, March 12, 2009


Recently I set up a Twitter Account where friends can track my 'tweets'. My profile address is, http://twitter.com/BosGuy. Feel free to connect and follow me if you too are on Twitter or shoot me an e-mail and let me know you have an account.

For those unfamiliar with Twitter, wikipedia describes it as a micro-blogging / social networking service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates, tweets, which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length. I have to admit that I've found it a fun novelty and since setting up an account, I've added a handful of other profiles to follow.

Considering Twitter's growing popularity I suppose it was only a matter of time before people started to poke fun at the site. My brother who also happens to be on Twitter at twitter.com/timwilson1000, forward me Cursebird, which tracks the amount of swears and other vulgarities on Twitter at any given moment and rates your site based on the level of profanity you use.

Perhaps my mother and family will be proud to note that according to Cursebird, I swear like a 'mute'. It never dawned on me to shout profanities mostly because I use Twitter as an online log of where I am and what I'm doing. However, now I'm intrigued so perhaps in the future I'll have to throw out a few colorful four letter word expressions.

No comments: