Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Meeting in New York City

On Monday I hopped on the Acela to get to New York City. My boss had arranged a team dinner and an all day meeting to follow on Tuesday so everyone could meet each other and to address a number of ongoing projects. I arrived into town and stayed at the Dylan Hotel around the corner from the office. The hotel was convenient and clean, but I'm a starwood guy so on future visits I doubt I will stay there. However, since this was my first visit, I wanted some place close to the mother-ship for my meeting and the location simply could not be beat.

It was great to meet everyone, because it helped me feel more connected to the team. I really like working virtually, but I need to feel personally connected. Plus it was really fun eating at Tao Restaurant and spending the day at the corporate headquarters. I had a spectacular view of Midtown's skyline.

No comments: