Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hello Spring

I feel as if life is passing me by this month. Changing jobs and adjusting to my new routine has really made me very self absorbed. I could not believe that last week spring had officially arrived. The cold weather ensured that it did not feel like spring, but Easter came and went and for me that holiday always signifies the change of seasons.

I am finally starting to get accustomed to my new routine. I won't say that I'm totally comfortable and that the 'adjustment phase' has concluded, but things seem like they are getting back on track. I even went out a bunch this weekend, starting on Friday when a group of us went to dinner and then to see Avenue Q. And on Sunday I went to my parent's house for the Easter holiday. I ate far too much and had a great time.

Yesterday (Monday) was a friend's birthday. He planned to have a large (20+ people) dinner party at Ashmont Grill in Dorchester. Normally I'm not a fan of large groups going out to dinner but last night definitely exceeded expectations. Suffice it to say, it was both delicious and a lot of fun.

And lastly, today, the Red Sox won the first game of the season against Oakland in extra innings in Tokyo. I look forward to the baseball season, because if Easter signifies spring - baseball makes me think of summer, and I love summer in Boston.

No comments: