Friday, March 14, 2008

The past week - not one to dwell upon

The orientation training I did in Atlanta for PwC was both fun and exhausting, but somewhere along the way I picked up a cold that really had me down for the count until yesterday. I made sure to continue with the self guided orientation at work each day, but at night I went home and directly to bed.

I also received sad news last week when I learnt that a former co-worker, Tim Rifenburg, lost his battle with cancer. Three days later I found out that a former co-worker of mine lost her husband, Scott Viera, to cancer as well. Both men were cancer survivors who ultimately lost their fight when the cancer returned. They are survived by their wives - Jenn Rifenburg who is only 31 and now widowed; Kelli Viera who is in her early 40s and now must care for her daughters without the help of her husband. It was really a depressing week and my heart still aches for their loss.

I have spent most of this week trying to get myself into a routine at PwC. People still are not use to the idea of my being here and with the team scattered across the northeast it is easy to be overlooked. This weekend my boss returns from a business trip that took him to Portugal, and I hope to talk to him for a bit at some point next week. I wish I had more to share, but the past week is one that I would sooner forget. Hopefully I'll have more fun and interesting news to share in the following week.

No comments: