Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Free Shakespeare on the Common performances in Boston start next week

The Commonwealth Shakespeare Co. performances of Othello will start one week from tonight on Wednesday, July 28th. More than 75,000 people are expected to attend one of the 16 free performances, which will take place by the Parkman Bandstand on the Common.

The Commonwealth Shakespeare Co. consistently turns out excellent performances for everyone to enjoy and I'm looking forward to see this year's production. Othello is one of my favorite dramas. Its themes of racism, love, jealousy, and betrayal always keep me on the edge of my seat.


I hope even more than the projected 75,000 people come to enjoy an evening of Shakespeare under the stars.  Bostonians are lucky to have so many great cultural events that are free and so accessible.  Just a few weeks ago the Boston Pop's 4th of July Celebration and fireworks garnered national attention.  Now Bostonians can come to the Common to see the Commonwealth Shakespeare Co. performances, which run July 28 - August 15 (Tuesday thru Saturday @ 8pm - Sunday @ 7pm).

2 comments:

SteveA said...

Thanks for the tip - I might be in Boston in early Aug if my leave gets approved!

Anonymous said...

I won't go unless ShakesPalin performs.