Monday, July 7, 2008

Mercedes will no longer make cars to run on petroleum by 2015

Now I've never been a car-geek. Heck, I have not driven to work for more than 10 years so I know I'm out of the loop when it comes to news in the auto industry, but I thought Mercedes recent announcement to stop making automobiles that run on petroleum by the year 2015 was pretty earth-shattering. God knows five years ago nobody I knew would believe such a statement.

Now if only the American automakers can stop licking their wounds and try to lead through innovation to make the next generation of transportation that is not reliant on fossil fuels we might have something to cheer about. The greenie in me was thrilled to read the news on Modern Fabulosity's blog today. Let's hope others follow Mercedes lead.

No comments: