Monday, July 14, 2008

1-800-OHH-CRAP

For the first time in my life I lost my cell phone. I blame it on two factors, baggy shorts with pockets that constantly make me lose change whenever and wherever I sit down and two bloody mary's that dulled my senses (but tasted so good).

I believe that the phone slipped out of my pocket between the seats of a cab I was taking. Although I did love the phone, the only thing I really miss about it is the long list of phone numbers that I had programmed into it. Until I lost it, I had no idea how much I relied on it to act as my phone book. With the exception of my home phone, and a handful of other numbers I recall mostly from my childhood, I'm at a loss. If there is a purpose to this entry it is to provide fair warning to any who read this to either a) pay the extra money for your provider to have this list stored someplace or b) sync your phone entries to your home computer so you can access them in case you lose your phone.

This weekend my partner asked me when I was going to get a new phone and it made me realize how little I had missed having it last week. When I changed my job this past winter, it was apparent that I would need to 'trade-up' and get a PDA, but I was reluctant mostly because I loved my little red razor. However, I have taken this recent loss as a sign of divine intervention and plan to purchase a PDA within the week. For now, I'm enjoying my new-found freedom of life 'sans mobile'.

No comments: