Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Brake for a visit

I received a call from a cousin who I rarely get a chance to see mostly because of schedules and geography. However on a whim he called because he will be in Boston for a few days. Unfortunately, I'll be in NYC all day tomorrow so I will only be able to see him for breakfast on Thursday before he heads out of town.

His call gave me pause to consider how many people I know are lucky enough to have such close connections with so many family members. This cousin who I refer to has never been someone I saw regularly, but we both share a family bond that we mutually respect and no matter how much time passes or how infrequent our meetings, I always am excited to see him or one of his siblings.

I wish I could add something more philosophical or capture some elusive thought that would make this entry in my blog stand out. But the simple fact is knowing I will see him on Thursday has really made my day, and I'm so happy he came up to Boston. I'll tuck this memory away along with other random moments we have shared and think about this moment at some point in our shared future no doubt.

No comments: