Monday, January 26, 2009

InterNOT with Verizon lately...

How many of you have found yourself in the past trying to figure out what is happening with your internet service provider? We have had Verizon Avenue (a subsidiary of Verizon) that serves our apartment complex in the South End. For nearly 5 years we have hardly had an issue but starting two weeks ago, the internet service has become unreliable.

Our internet service keeps dropping for 1+ hours and the only reason provided when I call to ask what is contributing to this problem is that Verizon is having "issues with their equipment". If this was a Ryan Landry satire I would laugh at the entendre but the inconsistency comes after I was told I should sign up for a 6-mos. commitment to Verizon Avenue so I feel like I've been duped.

Anyone else have battle scars dealing with Verizon or Verizon Avenue's internet service? I'm contemplating switching to cable but I'm torn because I don't know what to expect from Comcast internet service.

No comments: