Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I love the holidays

The Christmas holiday is fast approaching and today is really the last day of work I have until the new year. I am so excited that I will have the next 12 days off it makes me forget how freezing cold it is here in Boston right now and want to dance.

However, since it is well documented that I have no rhythym, I'll let the guys from Brasil in this video do all the dancing for me. We both seem to share a sense of excitement and contentment at the moment - they are just more expressive and better at showing this through dance.


You can see scores of Brasilians doing this and variations of this dance on YouTube if you type in the search feature, "Cueca Funk". This particular video which was posted on YouTube more than a year ago has had more than 800,000 hits. I can see why... eat your heart out Dancing with the Stars.

This video was also recently posted on a blog I enjoy reading, Wicked Gay Blog, entitled "Parar relembrar porque amamos o Brasil" which translates to "to remember why we love Brasil"... enough said.

No comments: