Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day and Bienvenue au Roland Garros

It is Memorial Day weekend and everyone has left the city for the coast to celebrate the long weekend. This is when Cape Cod and other coastal communities officially kick-off the summer season. Places like Provincetown, MA and Ogunquit, ME will be packed as everyone makes a dash to the coast to enjoy the sun and warmth.

I'm in town spending much of my Sunday watching the first day of tennis at the French Open. It was several months ago in late January that I commented on the exciting two weeks of tennis at the Australian Open. Since then, I have waited patiently for the start of what I like to refer to as 'Grand Slam Season'. The slow courts of Roland Garros have not disapointed providing several excellent first round matches. Two weeks from now a champion will be named, and I can guarantee that I will have be watching.

No comments: