Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cell phones for soldiers is a charity that recently caught my attention and I thought it was a great idea that I would make note of on my blog. Started in April 2004 by then 13 year old Brittany and her 12 year old brother Robbie in Norwell, MA, the program sends old or unused cell phones to members of the military serving in Iraq and around the world so they can talk to family members and loved ones.

This program is ingenious. It helps people who are far from family stay connected and it gives people an opportunity to recycle and reuse technology that would otherwise be discarded or unused. If you would like to learn more about the program or Brittany and her brother Robbie, link here ~ www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com.

I've mailed in my old cell phone and would encourage you to do the same.

No comments: