Thursday, January 17, 2008

What'cha Reading

I just finished reading Ken Follet's book World Without End. The book is a sequel to my favorite Follet novel, Pillars of the Earth.

World Without End takes place in the same fictional English town of Kingsbridge that Pillars was based. The story picks up 200 years later in the 14th century and details the fortunes / misfortunes of some of the descendents from Pillars and the townspeople of Kingsbridge. I won't bother to summarize the book because any story over 1,000 pages defies a quick overview. Suffice it to say I was unable to put the book down. As with all novels I enjoy, there is always a pang of regret when the story ends, and I wonder if there could possibly be another sequel yet to be written in Follett's imagination. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: