Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have several friends who love waking up early.  They enjoy a morning ritual that I'll never understand nor want to mimic. By contrast, I never really feel my best until my work day has concluded and even if I don't go out regularly, I stay up probably later than I should. 

Sadly, Boston is an early to bed - early to rise kind of town. I think it has something to do with their maritime heritage and Yankee sensibilities which give us ridiculous sayings like "the early bird catches the worm". Yuck, I hate worms... I would rather stay up and hear the voices from friends enjoying a late night conversation over a bottle of wine at a restaurant or from an open window in an apartment. However, as I walked home from Backbay tonight, there was no hushed conversation to be overheard - actually, there was hardly another soul in sight.

No comments: