Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wimbledon 2009

Its proof of how busy I've been with my work that I've yet to mention the Wimbledon Tournament on my blog, but I can assure you that I'm obsessing over the fact that I've missed all of Wimbledon thus far... I was bummed to hear that Nadal had to pull out of this year's tournament and would not be able to defend his title.

With Nadal out, this is Federer's tournament to win. Last month, when Federer won the French Open he was able to secure a career grand slam and tied Pete Sampras record of 14 majors. A win at this year's Wimbledon would give him 15 career major titles.

On the women's side, I'll definitely be cheering for my favorite Williams sister, Venus. I love her game and her game loves grass courts. A win this year would give her 5 Wimbledon titles.

No comments: