Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sky Venture NH

This morning I drove to Sky Venture New Hampshire in Nashua just off exit 1. The Sky Venture website describes itself as "a new state of the art indoor vertical wind tunnel where you can experience the freedom of flight." I have been referring to it as a quasi-free fall, because although there is no plane or parachute, you do have the sensation of flying as fans which generate gusts in excess of 100 m.p.h. make you feel light as a feather. Our instructor, Matt, was great and helped each of us steady ourselves, rotate and soar 20+ feet in the air.

My sister, Susan, had previously visited Sky Venture NH and was the best at manipulating the gusts to make the most of her time but even my mother who at the last minute suited up had a great time, despite her fear of falling and heights. For people like me who dislike the cold and can get cabin fever, this is a great weekend activity to try at least once. The drive to Nashua takes about 45 minutes and is absolutely worth it. There are plenty of places to grab a bite or drink after your pseudo-jump to talk and laugh about the experience. We purchased a DVD and if I can figure out how to post it on this site, I'll be sure to add it later.

No comments: