Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday fitness update

This week I fared much better than in previous weeks, although I did not get in as much running as I hoped.

Sunday – January 16th I went to the gym for what turned out to be my one and only run of the week. I’m glad I went, because I enjoyed it from start to finish (well as much as one can enjoy running). I ran 3.5 miles in 0:33:35 averaging 6.3 MPH – an athlete this does not make me, but it gets me closer to my long term goal to run 4.5 – 5.0 miles in 40-45 minutes. It also reverses what had been a disappointing trend with recent runs.Wednesday - January 19th & Friday - January 21st I worked out with my trainer, Stu. Wednesday was all about the chest with the last third of the work out focusing on my triceps. Stu had me start with bench presses on the incline, flat and decline benches. The work out progressed from there and on Friday when I went to see him for my second work out of the week, I was still a bit tender (sadly I still did not have a chest that resembles this guy), but progress is being made. On Friday it was the opposite routine focusing on back and biceps. It was another strong work out and my hands / arms are shaking with fatigue as I type this. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow when I try doing the push ups in this photo - I hope I don't fall on my face.

1 comment:

WickedGayBlog.com said...

Keep up the good work. I am struggling as well to take off this winter weight and I hate running, but trying my best.