Friday, May 2, 2008

Kate Hudson in the N'hood

There are nearly a dozen or more trailers lining Washington and Union Park Street with film crews running around filming scenes for an upcoming movie starring Kate Hudson. I'm not sure what the movie is or if it is related to any of the filming she was doing here last fall, but it was surreal to see New York City cabs lining my neighborhood and huge movie lights lit up so bright that I had to shade my eyes when I walked by them. Earlier this morning, film crews were busy moving furniture around at Pho Republique restaurant while nearly a score of extras were pretending to eat dinner even though it was only 11:00am.

I'm sure more information about the filming will be reported in either the Boston Globe or the South End News, so if I find out more I'll be sure to add it on my blog. Back in the fall I wrote about a bunch of filming that was going on in the Backbay in my entry called "Celebrities". The increased filming was attributed to aggressive legislation the State of Massachusetts passed that gave filming crews tax credits when they filmed in the state. I'm sure the state is pleased to have all this filming and despite the tax breaks you can not deny that money is being spent (and from the looks of it - a lot of money). So kudos to the state for making this happen. For residents of L.A. and other major cities this sort of thing is probably old hat, but it still strikes me as a bit of a novelty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ilmed at Pho Republique - Bride Wars starring Kate Hudson