Saturday, October 20, 2007

Urge to Travel

This month's OUTTRAVELER arrived in my house and the cover photo has me obsessing over my pending vacation to Brazil. I was even more surprised to see that the picture was taken by my cousin, Matt Albiani. My cousin is a successful fashion photographer who I periodically see credited in publications I read. The older we have become the less we see each other but it is still satisfying to see a family member achieve a level of success. Matt has always had an excellent artistic eye. I'm pleased he has been able to leverage that talent into a career he is passionate about.

I have to admit the entire issue is quite appealing. I consider myself a bit of a travel junkie, and I love to read about visiting exotic locations. Although Matt did not take the pictures for my favorite article "A Year of Gay Island Hopping", I think his cover picture is the most inviting in the entire issue.

Martha's Vineyard made OUTTRAVELER's top 12 list and despite it's proximity to my hometown, Boston, MA, I have never been there. Ironically I have traveled across the globe to relax on some of Phuket, Thailand's most beautiful beaches, and I have trekked to the remote island of Fernando de Noronha, Brasil in the South Atlantic Ocean. Both destinations were also featured in the article as one of 12 island destinations not to miss.

As average temperatures in Boston dip into the 50s and the days quickly shorten, I'll have to keep pictures like the one my cousin took on this month's OUTTRAVELER close at hand to keep me warm and not too depressed about the on set of winter...

No comments: