Friday, June 6, 2008

Off to Newport

Friday afternoon I am heading to Newport, RI and the forecast looks promising with lots of sun and warmth. I first visited Newport in May of 1991 when several of my friends were graduating from college. Sixteen of us crammed into two hotel rooms, and we spent a couple of nights carousing and making fools of ourselves, enjoying the last few weeks we would all be together before they graduated. A few years later, my uncle hosted his wedding reception in downtown Newport. I still have fond memories of the wedding, reception and the brunch on the following morning. More recently, I visited Newport with my family in 2006 for a weekend in May. Despite these visits and a handful of day trips to Newport, I still have never done the Cliff Walk so I am going to make a concerted effort to do this on Saturday. We'll see if it actually happens, because I'm a terribly lazy traveller.

No comments: